Saturday, July 5, 2008

To Hell With The "Human Rights" Commissions!

Looks like some people are getting tired of this legal harassment in the name of human rights.
Hours after a Supreme Court of Canada decision ensured Jim Pankiw, accused of racism, would need to face a human rights commission, the former MP threatened to boycott the tribunal.

The court's decision Thursday morning meant Pankiw, former MP for Saskatoon-Humboldt, will be investigated by the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal over nine allegations of discrimination.
...
By Thursday evening, Pankiw, who is now a chiropractor in Saskatoon, said he may "just tell the human rights commission to go to hell, and just ignore them.

"That would be the easiest way, is to just to say: 'You know what? Go to hell' -- I've got nothing else to say, because I'm busy, I'm running a business, I employ people, I don't need this crap," said Pankiw.
That would be the most reasonable way to deal with those quasi-judiciary tribunals with 100% conviction rates. If those guys manage to sneak in a convicting statement even when dismissing the case, they deserve nothing else.

And here's a great article by David Warren:
I was born a free citizen of the Old Canada and before her God I declare, that I will go to jail rather than acknowledge the legitimacy of any "human rights" commission. I invite other journalists and indeed, every other Canadian, to declare likewise.
Well said, David!

No comments: