Friday, July 20, 2007

Canada what have we done to ourselves?

Connie, the owner of Free Dominion forum, is still trying to find out what the complaint is all about. She talked to two different people from so called "human rights commission" yesterday, both had the complaint in front of them, both refused to provide Connie with any details.

Here's what another FD user, Theresa, thinks about this incident:
I find this to be so appalling that I am at a loss for words. Our tax dollars pay the salaries of these people and this system. This is inhumane to do this to someone, policy and procedure, cover my butt, before treating my fellow human being like a person. Meanwhile you have to wait and worry plus look after your children your home and the rest.

Canada what have we done to ourselves?

Did a better democracy exist then this great country before this nonsense took hold of our country?

Was my grandfather buried alive at Vimy Ridge for this Canada?

Did my husband lose a part of his father, because he fought in Europe for four years defeating Nazis, for this Canada?

Do you people on the left appreciate the sacrifices that have been made for you, by those who fought and by those who loved the ones who fought, to live in freedom you have enjoyed. Now you live in prosperity and you want to take those same freedoms from others?

I truly feel like walking away from the whole mess of the world and living my life quietly and as best that I can. If this country wants to be so stupid and whiny then let the chips fall where they may. It will not be pretty when those chips fall. I guarantee you that the people of today who cannot handle offensive speech, will not be able to handle a real fight to protect their country when anarchy breaks loose.

So many of my hopes were put on Harper to change some if this nonsense and he does not seem too concerned about principled conservatives, a little lip service here and there. Where can a person turn? I have been worried about this charge since it broke. Worried for you personally Connie and Mark, selfishly worried for myself, and worried for our country and our freedom of expression.

As [John Pacheco] stated, everyone will be a little more careful because somebody is watching and listening ready to silence their opponents. Is this the country we want? To be treated as children. To whisper so nobody can hear what we really think? Do you lefties actually think that you can suppress thought after you have suppressed the speech you do not like?
(Originally posted Here)

It's getting quite difficult to follow the main discussion thread with the new messages added faster than one could read them. I'm calling on my fellow bloggers, if you see an essay worth preserving, don't let it vanish in the archives, repost it on your blog!

No comments: