Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Abstinence - yes it does make sense

Going against the crowd is never easy. Especially if the opponents are viewed as highly skilled professionals, ones that are believed to know how to do their jobs. Here's a great story of a man who had the courage to stand for what's right - and ended up successfully proving his point to others.
...The point was well taken, and she explained how this lesson would show students how quickly disease is spread. "Since we all shook hands, we all have the disease."
...
I apologized for any upset I might have caused earlier, congratulated the teacher on an excellent lesson that would impress the youth, and concluded by saying I had only one small point I wished to make. "Not all of us were infected, " I said. "One of us... abstained."
Interesting lesson and a wonderful point isn't it?

No comments: