Friday, November 16, 2007

The Beauty Of Bella

Review of the Bella Movie by Rebecca Hagelin, for the "Proud To Be Canadian" blog.
Rarely am I so taken by the beauty and power of a movie that I want everyone I know to see it. “Bella” is a film you must see.

The story (I won’t reveal too much, because I don’t want to spoil it for you) concerns a young soccer star whose career is abruptly cut short. He winds up working in his brother’s restaurant in New York City, where he befriends a struggling waitress. The story is rich in messages of redemption, friendship, sacrifice and hope. No wonder the Hollywood crowd is beginning to cut it to shreds.
Judging by the number of people who find my blog when looking for information on the Bella movie, I'm not the only one who can't wait until the movie is finally released in Canada. Unfortunately, there's no information yet on when will it happen. None of the theaters I contacted has Bella on the "coming soon" list and all I found online was this 2-minute trailer on Yahoo. Still better than nothing :)

No comments: