Friday, November 7, 2008

Gracious In Defeat? Yeah, Right!

Last US election wasn't all triumph for our opponents. Voters in three US states have rejected the ridiculous notion that two males (or two females) could somehow form a married couple. Even in California, where the Attorney General had reworded the title and description of the ballot proposition to encourage people to vote against it, the pro-marriage amendment passed with a narrow majority. Leaving the opponents upset. Really upset.
"Burn their f---ing churches to the ground, and then tax the charred timbers," wrote "World O Jeff" on the JoeMyGod blogspot today within hours of California officials declaring Proposition 8 had been approved by a margin of 52 percent to 48 percent. Confirmation on voter approval of amendments in Florida and Arizona came earlier.
...
On a blog website, "Tread" wrote, "I hope the No on 8 people have a long list and long knives."

Another contributor to the JoeMyGod website said, "While financially I supported the Vote No, and was vocal to everyone and anyone who would listen, I have never considered being a violent radical extremist for our equal rights. But now I think maybe I should consider becoming one. Perhaps that is the only thing that will affect the change we so desperately need and deserve."

A contributor identifying himself as "Joe" said, "I swear, I'd murder people with my bare hands this morning."
...
On the "Queerty" website, "Stenar" asked, "Can someone in CA please go burn down the Mormon temples there, PLEASE. I mean seriously. DO IT."

"I'm going to give them something to be f---ing scared of. … I'm a radical who is now on a mission to make them all pay for what they've done," wrote "Jonathan."
Gracious in defeat, eh? And of course, there's no point asking what would have happened if the roles were reversed. It would be a rhetorical question.

No comments: