Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bitter Truth — Abortion Kills Somebody

Great essay by Binks Webelf blogger:
In Canada, 100 000 somebodies are ripped apart, chemically boiled, left to starve or choke every year– sometimes in the very same hospital setting where not far away, tens of thousands a day are being spent on younger preemie babies in a state of the art NICU unit. That is our current society. Unlike ancient Carthage or Phoenicia, we’re not incinerating our children as offerings to Ba’al, in fulfilment of a mistaken understanding of divinity and nature. Sad to say, our reasons are lust, fear, convenience, or even as a belated form of ‘birth control.’
Well said! Just as one of the commenters suggested: I can't imagine more being said in fewer words. Interestingly enough, the other side couldn't come up with anything better than the "my body, my choice" mantra.

Well, for once I'll agree with Joe Agnost. My body, my choice. Your body, your choice. But when it comes to the baby's body - guess what - that's his body, not yours. Therefore there's no way it could be your choice or my choice or anyone else's choice for that matter.

You have a choice to keep your body under control and your pants - well zipped up. If you choose otherwise and there's a new life as result - destroying that life is not a legitimate choice. It's murder.

No comments: