These statements were wrongly attributed to Lincoln, but the actual author is Rev. William J. H. Boetcker.
- You cannot bring prosperity by discouraging thrift.
- You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
- You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
- You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
- You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
- You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
- You cannot further brotherhood of men by inciting class hatred.
- You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
- You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence.
- You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Great quote from Dr. Roy's blog: