And here's how it goes nowadays:
- There is full employment - yet no one is working.
- No one is working - yet the factory quotas are fulfilled.
- The factory quotas are fulfilled - yet the stores have nothing to sell.
- The stores have nothing to sell - yet people got all the stuff at home.
- People got all the stuff at home - yet everyone is complaining.
- Everyone is complaining - yet the voting is always unanimous.
Economic justice:In fact, there's a lot more. Check out the essay to see how those dialectical contradictions affect other aspects of our lives. Here's just one more out of many:
- America is capitalist and greedy - yet half of the population is subsidized.
- Half of the population is subsidized - yet they think they are victims.
- They think they are victims - yet their representatives run the government.
- Their representatives run the government - yet the poor keep getting poorer.
- The poor keep getting poorer - yet they have things that people in other countries only dream about.
- They have things that people in other countries only dream about - yet they want America to be more like those other countries.
- Without capitalism there'd be no Hollywood - yet filmmakers hate capitalism.
- Filmmakers hate capitalism - yet they sue for unauthorized copying of their movies.
- They sue for unauthorized copying - yet on screen they teach us to share.
- On screen they teach us to share - yet they keep their millions to themselves.
- They keep their millions to themselves - yet they revel in stories of American misery and depravity.
- They revel in stories of American misery and depravity - yet they blame the resulting anti-American sentiment on conservatism.
- They blame the anti-American sentiment on conservatism - yet conservatism ensures the continuation of a system that makes Hollywood possible.
- Liberals have been in charge of education for 50 years - yet education is out of control.
- Education is out of control - yet liberal teaching methods prevail.
- Liberal teaching methods prevail - yet public schools are failing.
- Public schools are failing - yet their funding keeps growing.
- Their funding keeps growing - yet public schools are always underfunded.
- Public schools are always underfunded - yet private schools yield better results for less.
- Private schools yield better results for less - yet public education is the only way out of the crisis.