Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One Less Social Conservative Voice On The Radio

Michael Coren, one of Canada's key champions of pro-life, pro-family and pro-faith values, was among the 12 on-air personalities that were terminated by CFRB as part of station's restructuring process.
Coren, who assumed the popular mid-afternoon time slot with co-host Tarek Fatah, has built a strong following with social conservatives and faith-based activists over Toronto’s airwaves, both on radio and right across Canada on the popular broadcaster’s Crossroads Television Station-produced television talk show and in print through a weekly column in the Toronto Sun. CFRB maintains the changes are part of a larger restructuring move to boost ratings. Another case of how mainstream media decision-makers completely ignore grassroots listeners and large listening bases to pursue the failed business model of political correctness.
The fans of Michael Coren however can still watch his show on TV or, even - get a hold of Michael on facebook:
Many thanks to all of you who have sent me notes about leaving CFRB radio. Of course it's a shame but my TV show is stronger than ever, my columns appear in dozens of newspapers and I'm sure I'll be back on radio before too long. I also have my books. My latest is AS I SEE IT, available at Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/As-I-See-Michael-Coren/dp/0981276709/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251308133&sr=8-1

Thanks again, Michael.
(E-mail update to members of Fans of Michael Coren)

No comments: